A minor in music is available. Students explore courses in musicology (music history), music theory, music composition, music technology, and performance studies. The Music Minor is for student musicians with fundamental musical experience. Students take six credits of performance courses, fulfilled through ensemble participation, and twelve credits of other music coursework. Please see the Music program coordinator for more information. Specific minor requirements are in the Academic Information section of the catalog.
Students will take:
- MUS 170 Exploring Elements of Music/Hawaiian Ukulele
- MUS 201 Introduction to Music History
- MUS 260 Music Technology I
- MUS 275 Amer. Music Traditions: Hopi to Hip-Hop
6 credits of ensemble coursework from the following options:
- MUS 102 University Singers
- MUS 105 Orchestra
- MUS 290 Band
Please note: Only 6 credits of ensemble coursework may be applied to a minor.